What is it?
Invisalign offers a cutting-edge approach to orthodontics by using a series of custom-made, invisible aligners. Using 3-D computer imaging, each aligner is specific to your teeth and gradually and gently shifts your teeth into place. The best part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know you are wearing the aligners. So you can smile with confidence, both during and after your treatment.
Why would I want it?
There are no metal brackets or wires to tighten. The clear aligners are virtually invisible to other people, so no one will notice you are wearing the aligners. The aligners are also removable, which means you can eat what you want, brush your teeth with ease and floss with no problems. With the complete virtual treatment plan, you can see the anticipated results before even starting your treatment. Because you have a series of aligners instead of metal wires and brackets, you actually need to visit our office less often for adjustments.
How does it work?
Using modern 3-D imaging technology, a custom set of aligners is made for you. Every two weeks, you switch to a new aligner. As you switch aligners, your teeth gradually and comfortably shift, resulting in a beautiful smile. We will have you come by every six weeks to confirm the progress of your treatment. On average, you will be in treatment for nine to 15 months and wear 18 to 30 different aligners. However, actual treatment time will depend on your particular case.
- Clear: Virtually invisible and do not show up in photos
- Removable: Eat what you want, when you want
- Comfortable: Because the aligners gradually shift your teeth, Invisalign is extremely comfortable to wear
- Customized: Each set is specific to you, so they are optimized for fast results
Eat what you want
Ever hear that you won’t be able to eat anything with braces? Not with Invisalign. Because the aligners are completely removable, you can eat all your favorites, from corn on the cob to popcorn or apples.
Worried that Invisalign will interfere with extracurriculars?
Not only are the aligners removable, they are very durable. Invisalign will not interfere with any of your extracurricular activities. Whether you are acting, playing soccer, running cross country or performing in the school band, Invisalign will let you continue to do all the activities you love.
Sound too good to be true?
iTero Impressionless Scanner
- A patient’s movement does not distort the scan.
- The invasiveness and discomfort of traditional impressions are eliminated.
- Real-time digital display allows for immediate adjustment, so we get accurate scans the first time.
- The image quality of impressionless scans is superior to conventional impressions.